Uncle Dan's Southern Dressing Mix

I once had a recipe to make my own Uncle Dan’s Southern Dressing Mix, but at the time I was working long hours and had a family and did not bother with making it from scratch very often when it was so inexpensive to buy. Now Uncle Dan’s had discontinued this dressing. They claim that their original style Ranch Dressing is the same but it is really wimpy compared to the real Original. Does anyone have this recipe? I think it was around the early 70s when I had this recipe.

Sharon

One I saw is:

1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp MSG (I don’t use MSG, I just leave it out)
1 tsp dried minced onion
1 TBLS dried parsley flakes
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream

In a separate bowl combine spices. Mix the mayo and sour cream together; then add combined spices.

Mix well, cover and refrigerate. Tastes best after it sits for about 12 hours. Great with fresh veges, crackers or chips.

Thank you. I remember the one I had used Beau Monde seasoning, which as I remember was just onion powder, garlic powder, parsley and maybe salt. Here is another recipe I found in the years since I started that thread that is quite similar. I have used this and like it quite well. I do add a little more garlic.

Ranch-Style Dressing Dip Mix
Give this dip and dressing mix in decorative jars with instructions for making dip or dressing. Make a basket up with this dip, a pretty serving bowl, and fancy breadsticks, croutons, or bagel chips,

2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
3 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes

Combine ingredients; blend well. Store in an airtight container. Give in decorative jars with directions below for dressing and dip. Makes 1/2 cup of mix, or 8 portions for dressing or dip.

Dressing:
In a bowl or jar combine 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1 cup buttermilk.
Add 1 tablespoon mix and blend well.

Dip:
In a small bowl blend 1 tablespoon mix with 1 cup sour cream. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.

Thanks for the update. I found the same thing with my recipe — not enough garlic!
Bill

thanks a bunch I know i have that recipe somewhere I’ll in my older recipes Later bettyK.

I’m wondering if it is wimpy because they are putting less (like everything) in the package. Try making it with less buttermilk, and mayonnaise, then see how that goes.