Vegetable A La Flair

The Mughuls invaded India and ruled the country. They were later defeated and had to leave. But what they left behind was a cuisine which matured with age and practice and fusion of two cuisines. The result……AWESOME.

Mughalai Cauliflower

Cauliflower 900 gms, Potatoes 450 gms
Green Peas 450 gms, Onion chopped 1
Onions sliced 4, Ghee 4 tablespoons
Saffron ½ tsp, Ghee for frying
Curds 2 tablespoons, Salt to taste

Paste for frying
Corriander seeds 2 tablespoons, Ginger 1 inch
Cloves 12, Chilli powder 1 tsp

For decorating
Onion cut into rings 1, Corriander leaves a small bunch

Method :

Cut the vegetables into big pieces. Fry the sliced onions in ghee till brown. Make a separate paste of fried onions. Heat ghee in a vessel and fry the chopped onion for a little while. Add chilli powder and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add vegetables till soft. Add onion paste and salt.Mix saffron in curds and crush lightly. Add the vegetables and cook for a few minutes.

Serve the dish garnished with onion rings and finely chopped corriander leaves.

Indian Food Recipes are tasty and should be followed with care.And if the details are edhered to the curry will retain the goodness of the ingredients. Mughul Indian food recipes are usually richer than normal Indian food recipes. These use a lot of ghee and rich spices while in the normal Indianfood there is only a subtle taste of spices and is low on fat.

I know I don’t have many Asian/Oriental recipes. My questions: 1) what is “ghee”? and 2) where is the curry in this recipe OR ar ghee and curry synonymous? Thanks.

Hi mcgill…

1. what is “ghee”?

Ghee is a clarified butter,

Ghee making process : Put Butter on a Heat till it dissolves all impurities and gets converted into liquid-Oil Sort of form. It tastes awesome.

1. where is the curry in this recipe OR ar ghee and curry synonymous?

Ghee and Curry are two different things. There is separate recipe for preparing curry, which varies for every dish.