Vince's spaghetti meat sauce

I am looking for Vince’s spaghetti meat sauce. Growing up in southern California this was the only spaghetti I would eat as a child. I am know an adult living in Colorado and yearn for this sauce. Anyone with the recipe please reply…

url not allowed

I was looking for the same thing and apparently this recipe was posted in the Enterprise several years ago. I haven’t tried it, but several people referenced it when I googled it.

Vince’s Spaghetti Sauce from Ontario

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 small can tomato paste
2 large cans tomatoes in puree
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pound ground round beef
1/4 teaspoon oregano

Cook the garlic and onion in olive oil for a few minutes. Add the tomato paste and an equal amount of water. Simmer for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes in puree that has been broken up. Add salt, pepper, basil and sugar. Simmer a few more minutes. Brown meat with oregano. Drain and add to tomato sauce. Simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours and serve over favorite pasta.
Put On A Happy Face

Vince’s Spaghetti Sauce from Ontario
Reply Contact
Nancy Shepard of Apple Valley came to our rescue this week with a much sought-after recipe: Vince’s Spaghetti Sauce from Ontario.

“Last week, while cataloguing some old recipes, I happened upon this one from the Press-Enterprise,” wrote Shepard. “A reader found this in an old cookbook.”

Vince’s Spaghetti Sauce

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 small can tomato paste
2 large cans tomatoes in puree
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pound ground round beef
1/4 teaspoon oregano

Cook the garlic and onion in olive oil for a few minutes. Add the tomato paste and an equal amount of water. Simmer for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes in puree that has been broken up. Add salt, pepper, basil and sugar. Simmer a few more minutes. Brown meat with oregano. Drain and add to tomato sauce. Simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours and serve over favorite pasta.
Put On A Happy Face