Wanted One Dish Easy To Prepare Meal

Ho! Ho!

I have just started to TRY my hand at cooking after six years of not being able. I am limited to my range of motion and standing so I need easy one dish meals. I tried a cornmeal, ground beef, blackeyed pea and corn casserole this week and it was bland. I was worn out after making it but it did the purpose and filled us up. I need to put some seasoning in it the next time. It would be good with sausage too.

Two weeks ago, I surprised my family by having homemade mac and cheese, a meatloaf and green beans prepared. I was asleep when they came home because it wore me out.

So, simple is best and any help you can lend is appreciated. I really would like only recipes that you use for your family instead of some off the net.

Thanks so much. Blessings,

NL :slight_smile:

Chicken and dumplings (use Bisquik! recipe is on the box) tastes great. If you can get a crockpot, you can put dinner together when you have energy (afternoon or evening before) and just put it on the heat the next day. Stews, chili, spaghetti all do well in slow cookers with minimal physical labor.

The Kraft foods website has tons of easy recipes and will give you a free subscription too.

I’m also recovering from a bit of surgery and these tips have helped me a lot. Good luck!

Thank you. I am really looking for dishes that are just one with everything in it. I have these that I got from some friends but need more. I’ll share what I have.

shepherds pie.

This makes 2 deep dish pies, so you can have one for now and freeze one for later - just leave off the mashed potatoes on the one you freeze.

Brown 1 pound grown beef and drain

In sautee pan, cook 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery, bell pepper and carrots in vegetable oil until just tender.

In large bowl, mix beef, veggies, 1 can cream of celery (or mushroom) soup, 3/4 to 1 cup beef broth, 1 can mixed veggies (vegall) or 1 1/3 cups frozen mixed veggies, salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. to taste.

Pour mixture into 2 frozen deep dish pie crusts.

For the one you are going to prepare now, top with leftover mashed potatoes, making sure you spread them all around the edges. You can sprinkle a little shredded cheese on the potatoes if you wish.

Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly throughout. Allow to set @ 10 minutes before you serve.

To freeze one, do not add the potatoes, but put it in the freezer on a cookie sheet and freeze, then take out and wrap and re-freeze. This is the easiest way I’ve found to freeze it because it’s kind of soupy before it’s frozen. Before you bake it, allow it to thaw, then top with mashed potatoes and bake as above.

This one had no name.
I will not use boned chicken so if I do this one, it will be boneless skinless breast.

Bone-in chicken breasts
whole medium potatoes, peeled*
carrots, peeled and cut into big chunks
1 large onion peeled and cut into chunks
salt, pepper and other seasonings to taste
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix, sprinkled over meat and veggies
1 can chicken broth

• If you only have large baking potatoes, I’d cut them into large chunks.

Put in the meat and veggies first, then sprinkle with seasonings, soup mix and pour broth over it all. Cook on low 4-6 hours or longer if you are out of the house.

This one I made last week using peas with the pepper in the can. We found it to be bland but filling.

Black-Eyed Pea Cornbread Skillet
Makes 8-10 servings

1 lb. ground meat
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs beaten
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup self-rising meal
1 (16-oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained
1 (8oz.) can cream style corn
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped

Heat oven to 400. In a 10in. skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and salt until beef is browned. Remove mixture from skillet and drain. Coat skillet with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, oil and cornmeal, blend thoroughly. Stir in peas, corn, cheese, pepper and ground beef mixture. Pour batter into skillet and bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until set and lightly browned.

It needs some kind of seasoning.

The next one I plan to make tomorrow.

Beef and Cornbread Casserole

10 oz cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
3/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup oil
6 green pepper rings for garnish

Brown beef in 10 inch skillet. Add onion, soup and Worchestershire sauce. Simmer 5 minutes. For topping, sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate dish. Add cornmeal and mix well. Add oil and milk stirring until smooth. Pour topping over beef mixture in skillet, spreading it with a spatula to within 1/2 inch from the edge of the skillet. Top with the pepper rings.
Bake at 425 for 15 - 20 minutes until lightly browned.

Most of these I have in my file are potato and carrots. I want something different.

Blessings,
NL

No, mam but I will go right now. Thank you all for your suggestions.

At this Holiday Season we remember and honor those who are no longer with us and cherish those who are.

Ladybug

Love your salad recipes. I will try them soon.Here are a couple of quick dishes.

Tater Tot Casserole
1 lb. ground beef 1 small onion sliced 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 bag frozen tater tots 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425. Brown beef and onions, drain. Spread in the bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Mix soups together and pour over beef. Lay tater tots on top. Top with cheese. Bake 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. You can also use frozen hash browns instead of the tater tots.

Chicken Spaghetti
4 chicken breast, boiled and chopped 1 small pkg. spaghetti, boiled and drained 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 can rotel tomatoes 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese. Combine all ingredients, heat over low heat 20 minutes or put in crockpot and heat on low 2hrs. or put in 13x9 casserole and bake at 350 20 minutes. Put more cheese on top if you bake it if you like it extra cheesey.

Minute Steak and Vegetables
4 minute steaks ( round steak also works well) 3 potatoes, sliced 1 onion, sliced handful of baby carrots 2 T. butter 1 can mushrooms, drained salt and pepper to taste
In a 13 x9 baking dish sprayed withnonstick spray place steaks. Salt and pepper. Place vegetables over steak. Salt and pepper if desired. Cover with pats of butter. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Looking forward to trying your recipes, too. It is good to see an easy chicken spagetti recipe!!

Thanks!

Ladybug

A wish of love and remembrance to you and yours on this Holiday Season

PS We have a Jack Russell, Raleigh

I had Tennessee Walking Horses until my Father died. Then we disbanded the livestock.

Pork Chop Casserole
Place 6 pork chops in a 9x13 dish sprayed with nonstick spray. On top of this slice 3 potatoes, 1 large onion, and 1 small head of cabbage. Top with a mixture of 1 can cream of mushroomsoup, 1 can cream of chicken soup and 2 soup cans water. Cover and beke at 350 or 1 hour. If desired uncover and top with 1 c. of your favorite cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts.

6 Can Casserole
1 can cream of mushroom soup 1 can cream of celery soup 5 oz. can evapotated milk 5 oz. can chow mein noodles 5 oz. can chicken chunks 1 small can green peas, drained
Preheat oven to 400. Mix all together in large greased casserole. Bake until browned about 25 minutes.

Hamburger Pie
Brown 1 lb. ground beef with 1 small onion, chopped. Drain. Put in a 9 inch square baking dish. Stir in 1 can sloppy joe sauce. Top with slices of cheese. Top with canned, frozen or homemade biscuits. Bake at 350 about 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned.

Hamburger Casserole
1 lb. hamburger meat and 1 small diced onion cooked and drained 15 oz. can white cream style corn 15 oz. can whole kernal yellow corn, 15 os. can green peas and carrots 15 oz. can sliced new potatoes, 1/2 stick butter 1 can tomato soup
Pour juices from peas, potatoes, and whole kernal corn in a bowl and mix with soup. Melt butter in bottom of 9x 13 casserole. Layer potatoes, yellow corn, peas, white corn and ground beef. Pour diluted soup over top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. May top with cheese and heat until melted if desired.

I live in Shelbyville and go to all the area walking horse and spotted shows. We do alot of tailgating at the shows and most of these casseroles have been used for that.

After a successful LASik surgery many of my colleagues kept on asking me about “is LAsik painful?” and I always told them that its not, a bite of an ant is more painful than LASik. Anyway, I want to share to everyone here who are planning to have the same procedure but skeptical about the pain, I will tell you that its NOT painful, because you will receive anesthetic eye drops prior to your LASIK treatment which should prevent from feeling any discomfort, though some people do experience a slight sensation of pressure on their eyes during the procedure. Once you return home after LASIK, it is normal for some patients to experience mild discomfort, watery eyes, light sensitivity or blurry vision. These symptoms are usually temporary and treatable with over the counter medication, such as Tylenol. Ohh BTW im just wondering if this can help to everyone about the procedure Lasik-1.
I also read that before I undergo lasik surgery. Hope it helps you folks.

Back in the 70’s everyone was making this.

TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE
(For variety you can substitute a can of chicken or leftover cubed chicken or meat. You can substitute a can of mixed vegetables for the peas and/or cream of chicken soup for mushroom soup. Can also substitute buttered cracker crumbs or shredded cheese for the potato chips.)

1 C. macaroni; cooked, drained (measure uncooked)
4 Tbsp. butter
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 C. milk
1 can tuna, drained
1 C. peas, drained (I use the whole can)
1 C. crushed potato chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Stir the butter into the hot macaroni. Combine the soup with the milk.
Stir the soup mixture and tuna into the macaroni. Gently stir in the peas.
Place in buttered baking dish, top with the potato chips.
Bake 25 minutes. Serve at once.

deleted

Easy Beef Stroganoff

1 pound lean beef stew meat – cubed
1/2 cup onion – chopped
2 tablespoons margarine
1 can Golden mushroom soup
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Brown beef and onion in margarine. Stir in soup, water, and paprika. Cover and simmer over low heat at least 1 hour or until meat is tender. It could take longer, but you may have to add more water if it gets dry

Right before serving stir in sour cream and heat but do not boil.

Serve over cooked noodles or rice.

NOTES : My dad used to serve a similar dish at the restaurant my family owned when I was growing up. (Huddleston’s Restaurant)

Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole

1 box Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice
1 can Golden mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can combo of water and dry white wine – or chicken broth
4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves – frozen, or not
1 package dry onion soup mix
2 tablespoons butter – melted

Preheat oven to 400°.

Mix rice, soups and water/wine combo. Place in 9x13 glass baking dish. Put chicken on top. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with onion soup mix. Cover with aluminum foil and bake one hour or up to 15 minutes more.

Uncover and let sit for a few minutes before serving.

NOTES : One of those old-fashioned recipes that most people don’t make anymore. Too bad; it is easy and quick to put together.

Ravioli Lasagna

1 pound spicy italian sausage, cooked, crumbled – and drained
2 28 oz. jar marinara sauce – your favorite
1 25 oz. pkg frozen cheese ravioli
1 6 oz. pkg mozzarella cheese – shredded

Preheat oven to 400°

In a greased, 2 1/2 quart baking dish, spread enough marinara sauce to cover bottom of dish. Add sausage to rest of marinara.

Layer half of the ravioli, sauce, and cheese, in that order.

Repeat layers.

Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until heated through.

NOTES : Easiest lasagna, ever.

This is so easy to make .I have the same problem. Sit down and relax and your good to go
(1) Box of shake and bake
(1) Package of chopped meat
(1) Head of broccoli or cauliflower
(1) Small onion chopped
(4) Tbsp of breadcrumb’s
(1/2) stick of butter
Put shake and bake in a bag. Than make homburgs put into the bag and shake.
Than put on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
While they are baking make vegetables.
Just put all in frying pan and fry until soft or crunchy
Have fun and hope you like it.
I am here for you slot girl and may god be with you