What else goes with Fajitas??

We are planning a dinner party and the main dish will be Shrimp Fajitas. If you’ve not had those before…They are to die for. I can post that extremely simple recipe later.

We have gotten into a rut with Fajitas. Mexican Rice, Refried Beans, YAWN!

Does any one have any suggestions for good side dishes for fajitas?

I was thinking I might be able to go with a pasta since shrimp was the main staple. But I would love to hear other ideas.

ENSALADA DE NARANJAS

4 oranges
1 cucumber
1 sweet onion
1 green pepper
Lettuce
French dressing

Peel and slice oranges. Peel and slice cucumber; chop onion and green pepper. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter and put the oranges and cucumber on top, alternating slices. Sprinkle with onion and green pepper and serve very cold with a simple dressing made with olive oil, wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings

For dessert:

Ice Cream Sundaes with Cinnamon Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients
Serves 6
• 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
• 2/3 cup heavy cream
• 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Pinch salt
• 1 1/2 pints dulce de leche ice cream
• 1/4 cup redskin or unsalted peanuts
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; toast, tossing occasionally, until brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. (Store at room temperature up to 1 day.)
  2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high, bring cream to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate, cinnamon, and salt. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is shiny… (Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days; before serving, reheat in a double boiler or the microwave.)
  3. Remove ice cream from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Scoop into bowls; top with warm sauce, peanuts and coconut.

A chopped cucumber, tomato, and red onion salad is awesome and can also be added to the fajitas if you’re willing to give up the side idea… I’m not the biggest fan of re-fried beans and rice, but it seems to go over pretty well as a side. on this type of dish.

Shredded lettuce and mushroom salad.
Chop some button mushrooms, fry in olive oil with garlic and chilli, add some baby spinach and chopped coriander, and finally mix in a spoonful of sweet chilli sauce. Should go down a treat with prawns.