What's the best diet plan? Atkins, Weight Watchers, TeamDiets.com etc

Cast your vote on the most effective diet plan.

Must be registered in the forum to vote. Please click register on the menu bar at the top to register. Email addresses and other information can be kept anonomous

I believe that counting fat grams is the best, and healthiest way to control weight. After having a heart attack, dieticians from the hospital worked with me to show me how to portion foods and how to check labels in stores for the ‘fat grams per serving’ listing. Has helped to control both weight and chlestorol. :lol:

The best plan depends on your lifestyle and what you like to eat. Any of the listed plans works if followed… I think the hard part is sticking to a plan for a long period of time.

Counting fat grams is fine if you just care about weight, not body composition.

I am a “card-carrying” weight watchers (a little over my goal weight at the moment), but I have always found WW to be the best, easiest and healthiest diet -or as they call it a “live-it”, not a “diet”.

My Doctor will only allow me to be on Weight Watchers. I have been on program for over 30 years. This is a way of life not a diet.

Diets only work temporarily unless you stay on it for all your life.

I have been overweight most of my adult life (now 60) and have done many diets including the present fad diet, Atkins, when he first came out with it 30 years ago. I always gained the weight back. Now I’m a diabetic and have to watch what I eat.

As a result, I am losing weight not counting calories, carbs, or fat grams although I do pay attention to these as well as cholesterol and sodium. I’m doing it by changing my eating habits. I’m not hungry and am getting healthier every day. The biggest change is eating less and the best exercise is pushing myself away from the table.

If you have “Somersize” (Suzanne Somers) on your list, I would have voted for that. I’ve been SSing for over 3 years now, lost 95# and am at goal. I never would have thought we could eat all the delicious food that we do and lose weight. Ãœ

I’ve tried several of those diets and they never worked for me. Then I tried using “Carb Block 265” and I’ve lost over 30 pounds in 3 1/2 months.

These carb blocking pills are the best kept secret in my opinion. But don’t take my word for it - see for yourself:

http://partnerweekly.com/click2.php?id=403&bid=4267

where do you buy the carb block

There is only one way to effectivly lose weight, and that is to take in fewer calories than you use in a day.

Has anyone tried cortislim? If so, what do you think?

The best weight loss plan I have ever found is Medifast. It is a balanced plan designed for maxium weight loss while getting your body all the nutrition and vitiams it needs. I was impressed by all the studys done at John Hopkins Medical Center and how it helps diabetics. I rate this program five stars *****.

Atkins.Because most people that are extremely over weight are insulin resisitant. :smiley:

Just keep exercising America! That is the key! :wink:

Why isn’t there an “other” option box to check? There are more ways to lose weight than the options provided.

Diet is a 4 letter word. Lifestyle change is better. You didn’t put your weight on overnight and it will take longer than that to take it off. I have been on the yo-yo route for so long and at 43 it’s much more difficult to take it off and have it stay off now. But I have learned that with a lifestyle change, baby steps, and perseverence (and a good buddy :wink: ) it’s possible.

This is very true. Changing your lifestyle will provide much more benefits than a diet would.

At least for myself, I’ve found that the additives and preservatives in foods cause me to crave. Never fails. If I avoid these things, I lose weight. I gained 7 ::shudder:: lbs over Thanksgiving. Its only Tuesday, and I have four off. I know its only water so far, but the point is–it stays off. I eat PLENTY! Just make sure…its real, unmodified food.

Indeed. It’s definitely important to eat. Starving yourself and skipping meals will cause your metabolism to slow and your body will essentially go into “starvation” mode, which will cause the food that you eat to be stored. Don’t skip meals and remember, eat until you’re not hungry, not until you’re full!

I find when I follow the DASH plan I feel alot better and tend to lose a bit of the stored up fat I have. I can’t get away from eating meat so it’s hard. I usually just try to eat more Japanese style food. It usually healthier as well.