Where do you shop?

Do you have a set grocery store you normally go to, or do you follow the sales?

That is true! We have Safeway near my mom’s. They always have great quality on foods and great sales. They even have a Safeway gas station there that gives you over 15 cents off the gas prices by using your club card. You know gas prices are rising, so I love that discount! Do you have Safeway in your area?

I just like the idea of a grocery store providing you with more things than just groceries. Like for instance, Safeway came out with this planning guide to help get your Thanksgiving done in just 3 hours. I’m talking side dishes and the turkey. Have you heard about this at all?

Homemade is the best!The 3-hour planning guide is a set of recipes for a homemade Thanksgiving meal, just taking shortcuts you can say. Their recipe for the turkey only takes 2 hours (at 475 degrees)! I know we have stressed over trying to get everything done in time before, and this guide makes it easier to follow.

How long does it normally take you to get everything done in time before the guests arrive?

If you are using this 2-hour recipe, you are limited to a 24 lb bird. We will probably have a 20 lb bird, which is perfect. It think the less time spent stressing on cooking, the better. Then you can spend more time with the family and friends at the dinner table! Have you ever considered ever trying the high heat recipe?

Well I hope you will be enjoying the 4 day weekend with family having a great time off. :slight_smile:

After it’s all said and done, do you have a lot of left overs? I want to make turkey enchiladas this year with the left overs, have you ever made those before?

I found the recipe for them here:
safeway

That’s great you are exploring your left over ideas. So basically all those ideas in that Safeway link to the Left Over Lounge you have conquered.? :-p

Only less than 2-days left, are you pretty prepared? Luckily, they had a shopping list I could d/l on the Safeway site, so I think I am going to have to pass on that last minute grocery shopping Thursday morning. Even tho we send my dad, it’s still a hassle for everyone to make that last minute trip!

Just to let you know about my experience with the 2-hour recipe, it worked out nicely. It was nice to rely on something to be done in such little time while we spent more time on other dishes that needed it. Believe it or not, we went thru 2 turkeys and 2 hams with very little left overs! We actually had to hide some turkey so we could have left overs for ourselves!

Hope everyone’s T-day was great as well. :slight_smile:

Safeway, Superstore, Planet organic… And I’ll often look for sales.