I have posted before. I was under the name McCulloughfamily. I am looking for a recipe that was the cookie of the Month in Martha Stewart Living a long time ago. It is a sugar cookies sandwich with a white chocolate & raspberry puree. Please help me find it, thanks!
Hi Maddyabby06 - Welcome back!
I am not sure if this is from Martha or not but here it is:
White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
8 ounces white chocolate baking bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 ounces white chocolate baking bars
1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Chop 4 ounces of the white chocolate. Set aside. In a heavy small saucepan heat another 4 ounces of the white chocolate over low heat until melted, stirring constantly; cool.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, baking soda and salt; beat until combined. Beat in the eggs and melted white baking bars until combined. Stir in flour until just combined. Fold in the 4 ounces of chopped white chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375F (190C) oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cook on cookie sheet for 1 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan heat the raspberry over low heat until melted. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon jam onto the top of each cookie.
- In a heavy small saucepan, combine the 3 ounces of white chocolate and shortening. Heat over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Drizzle over cookies in a decorative manner. Allow chocolate to set before serving or storing.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.