Who has Southern Living 5-Star Recipe Collection?! Help please!!

My mother has had this binder/cookbook for the longest time. It had this recipe for MOCHA CHEESECAKE that I loooooooved. Loved it so much, I took the page out and brought it to college with me. Well i graduated in '06 and I dont think I’ve seen it since junior year. I’ve decided it’s time to track it down. If you have the Southern Living 5-Star Recipe Collection binder/cookbook, I will love you forever if you will give me this recipe!! Like I said, I’m pretty sure its just called “Mocha Cheesecake” and I remember in the picture it had little chocolate leaves and edible rosebuds on it.

Please help me! My poor springform pan has been lonely too long!

Mocha Cheesecake

YIELD: 12 to 14 servings
COURSE: Desserts

Ingredients
1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafers
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
6 tablespoons finely ground espresso beans
1/2 cup boiling water
3 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups sour cream
4 large eggs

Preparation

Process chocolate wafers in a food processor until ground. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and butter; pulse 1 or 2 times. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill.

Stir together espresso beans and 1/2 cup boiling water; cool. Pour through a coffee filter, reserving 1/3 cup liquid (add water to make 1/3 cup, if necessary).

Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add espresso, melted chocolate, sour cream, and eggs; beat until blended. Pour into crust.

Bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Turn off oven, and leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour with oven door slightly open. Cool on a wire rack. Chill at least 8 hours.

Southern Living NOVEMBER 1998

I searched and came up with that one too, and I’m sure it’s yummy, but it’s not the one I’m looking for. This recipe had Kahlua in it, and called for instant coffee granules, and im pretty sure it had chocolate chips too (that part i could be wrong about… but i think… )

MOCHA CHEESECAKE

1 (8 1/2 oz.) pkg. chocolate wafers, crushed
1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 c. ground pecans, toasted
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. instant coffee granules
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
5 (1 oz.) sq. semi-sweet chocolate, melted & cooled
2 tbsp. instant coffee granules
3 tbsp. Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur
3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate mini-morsels
1 1/2 c. sour cream
3 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
Chocolate leaves (opt.)

Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well. Press mixture in bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Dissolve 2 tablespoons coffee granules in Kahlua; add to cream cheese mixture. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate mini-morsels. Swirl batter gently with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheesecake is set.

Combine sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons coffee granules, stirring well. Spread over cheesecake. Bake at 500 degrees for 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack; chill 8 hours. Remove sides of springform pan. If desired, garnish with chocolate leaves and rosebuds.

Yield: 1 (10 inch) cheesecake.

Oh my gosh! I think thats the one! I was skeptical, but when I got to the part about the sour cream, it kinda came back to me (Id forgotten about that). Where did you find it?? Do you own that recipe collection?

Did a Google search for the ingredients you listed and it popped up at Cooks.com. I don’t own the recipe collection.

Hello! I’ve not ever posted before, and this seems like just as good as any to say “Hi”! (I know I’m supposed to do this in another Forum - mea culpa::roll: I’m known as TheRecipeTinkerer - I don’t like to make the same thing twice (with a few exceptions), I hate to Bake cakes, pies, etc -
too precise, can’t “tinker”. Anyway, the point of this is that I own the 5-star collection, so if you have any other requests. feel free to contact me!

I am looking for a blueberry pie recipe that was published in the Southern Living 5 star recipe collection around 1990. Thank you.
RJ

Hi! Am looking for 2 missing recipes from the 5 Star Recipe Collections set: does anyone have the crab cake recipe &/or the chili recipe? Many thanks!!

Hi! Would you happen to have the chili recipe or the crab cake recipe? I have lost the “cards” for those recipes from my collection.
Thanks!
Laura in Georgia