who likes tuna salad

i recently went to a wedding at a bed and breakfast resort after the wedding they has small appitizers one of them was tuna sandwiches that just blew me away i know it had pecans and somthing that made it green not food coloring like spices like dill anysuggestions would help

Hi kcginter!

I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I found this recipe in one of my recipe books.

Crunchy Tuna Sandwich

To tuna, add minced celery, chopped nuts, salt and a bit of blended cottage cheese. Spread on very thin slices of date-nut bread (trimmed).

• The recipe does not indicate quantity of ingredients. I guess you make it to your taste. And you can change the type of bread, if desired. Good luck! :smiley:

Hi kcginter,
I am thinking by your description,(green but not food coloring and spices) they mixed the tuna with green mayonnaise. You could make your own mayo, but it is just as effective and so easy to use your favorite prepared brand. Just get creative and use your favorite fresh herbs or mix and match from the following:
In a blender:
3/4 cup mixed fresh greens of parsley, watercress and young spinach
leaves
1/4 cup fresh basil, tarragon or dill
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Blend to a fine puree and mix with 2 cups mayonnaise
or

2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
Blend to fine puree and mix with mayo

You can adjust the amounts to get the shade of green and the flavor you like. Green mayo is great in potato or macaroni salad too! I have also used it in chicken salad sandwiches. Just add the crunch of your choice…pecans, walnuts or celery etc… I think I will try it in the tuna too.

Kitchen Tested by JoanieCooks