Wild Mushroom Alfredo Sauce w/Pasta

Well, this sauce is anything but healthy but oh my word was it heavenly. We made this for our traditional Christmas dinner. It all started when my parents were with us about 5 years ago for Christmas. We spent Christmas making homemade raviolis. Each year since, we have continued the tradition. Every year we come up with a different ravioli and a different sauce to compliment the ravioli. This year, our ravioli was a ground turkey, spinach, mascarpone cheese, shitake mushroom and crimini mushrooms with parmesan cheese and as a compliment I made a wild mushroom alfredo sauce. Boy was it tasty. I hope you enjoy the sauce.

1 small pkg of crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 pkg dried porcini mushrooms, reconstituted with boiling water (just enough to cover them)
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
2 blocks of Parmigianino Reggiano cheese, shredded
¼ dry sherry
1 cup of milk
1 pint of whipping cream

In a deep pan, take 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and heat. Add the crimini mushrooms and begin sautéing about 3 – 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove about half of the water from the porcini mushroom and pour the remaining water and porcinis into pan with the crimini mushrooms. Add the garlic and the sherry. Sauté for about 5 – 7 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to wilt. Add the stick of butter and the parsley. You do not want to add any of the dairy products until you are about 5 – 10 minutes away from serving the pasta/raviolis. It won’t take long for the dairy to heat up and melt and you don’t want it to scald. Turn the stove down to low/medium and add the milk to the mixture and all of the cheese and begin to stir constantly making sure the cheese doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Pour the entire pint of whipping cream into the mixture and just stir making sure it is heated all the way through. Serve over your raviolis or pasta.