Yang Chow Slippery Shrimp

Today’s Secret Recipe comes from Yang Chow restaurant in Pasadena, California. This family-run Chinatown fixture serves Mandarin and Sichuan cuisine. One of there most famous dishes is the slippery shrimp. Delicious shrimp lightly battered and served in a spicy and tangy sauce.

We also have an incredible selection of shrimp recipes on our forum: Go Here

Enjoy!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I was losing my memory, focus – and my mind!
And then… I got it all back again.

Discover How: Here
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
New Secret Recipe
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Yang Chow Slippery Shrimp
Like these recipes? Get our Restaurant Secret Recipes Cookbook – Go Here

• 1 pound large shrimp
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons water
  • 2 cups oil
  • 2 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger root
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon white wine
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  1. Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp.

2. In a bowl, mix the shrimp with one-quarter cup -cornstarch to completely coat the shrimp.

3. Combine the remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water in a bowl and set aside.

4. Pour the oil into a skillet or wok and heat over medium heat until hot. Add the shrimp and deep-fry until golden, about 45 seconds.

5. Remove the shrimp and drain the oil from the wok, leaving 1 tablespoon for stir-frying. Reheat the wok. Add the garlic, ginger and cayenne. Stir for a few seconds, then add the tomato sauce, vinegar, wine, sugar, salt, one-quarter cup water and the reserved cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until the sauce is thick.

6. Add the shrimp; toss until covered with sauce. Add the green onions, stir, turn out onto a platter and serve.

Serves 4

Have a comment or question about this recipe? Post it here

Source: LA Times

Until Next Time… Be Well!

Kind Regards,

RSN