Does the Government use the Terror Alert for Political Gain?

I believe Bush is a big Joke! I feel he IS using the terrorism and war for his political gain. They claim he has an ace in the hole to win the election.
I think he will capture Bin Laden just before election because I feel he already knows where he is and has all along. JMO :!:

WELL I THINK THAT HE WILL PULL SOMTHING OUT OF THE CLEAR BLUE SKY AT THE TIME OF VOTING. CAUSE HE WILL DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STAY IN OFFICE. NOT THAT HE SHOULD HAVE GONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I CAN NOT HELP TO THINK THAT HE DID NOT WIN ALL THE VOTES IN FLORIDA OR ANY WHERE’S ELSE. IF IT HAD BEEN ANY ONE ELSE IN THIS SPOT THEY WOULD NOT HAVE WON JUST LIKE THAT . BUT CAUSE HIS BROTHER IS RUNNING THAT STATE HE MADE SURE THAT BUSH WON . I HAVE ALL WAYS FELT THAT THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A REVOTE TAKE PLACE WITH OUT HIS BROTHER BEING THERE AND IN THE STATE. IT IS A LITTLE BIT STRANGE THAT FLORIDA WAS THE BIGGEST SCREW UP STATE AT THAT TIME. GO FIGGER WHAT DID ANYONE THINK THAT HE WOULD LOSS. WHAT A LAUGH THAT IS AND WAS. THE WAY I SEE IT THEY SHOULD HAD HAVE BOZO THE CLOWN RUN AGAINST HIM CAUSE NO MATTER WHO IT WAS WOULD NOT HAVE WON. CAUSE THE STATE OF FLORIDA MADE SURE OF THAT. :cry:SHAME ON THE BUSHES FOR NOT BEING THE HONESTY THAT THEY WOULD WANT US TO THINK. THE RICH GETS RICHER AND THE POORER GETS POORER. IT IS ALL ABOUT THEM AND NO ONE ELSE. I DON’T HEAR THAT ANY OF THERE FAMILY MEMBERS ARE OVER SEAS FIGHTING THE WAR THAT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN PLACE. GOD FOR BID THAT ANY MEMBER OF THE BUSH FAMILY SHOULD HAVE TO GO AND FIHGT FOR OUR COUNTRY SUCH AS OTHER FAMILYS HAS. SHAME ON HIM SHAME SHAME ON HIM. HOW CAN HE SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING OF ALL THESE YOUNG KIDS ARE COMING HOME IN BODY BAGS. THAT IS NOT A MAN THAT IS A SNAKE IN THE GRASS FOR OUR COUNTRY. GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND ALL THE MEN AND WOMAN THAT ARE THERE. BLESS THERE LOVED ONES TO. [/b]

While the need for security from terrorist attacks is absolute, this past weekends alerts from Tom Ridge; the Governor of New Jersey; and the Mayor of NYC was alarmist, to say the least. Our government was aware of much of this threat at least since the beginning of 2004, and some of the information, while potentially still valid, is three years old.

If top security advisors had this information for 7 or 8 months, if not more, why did they not act sooner to protect us from an attack?

I think that the timing and the way the alerts were presented were politically motivated .

No. President Bush was derided for not publicizing warnings pre 9/11. Now he is being trashed for giving us the benefit of information just put together from recent discoveries in Pakistan. Some of the information was “old” because it was researched by terrorists for a long time. When added to information we have gathered, it looks scary enough to raise our warning color.

NO! While some of the information was old, so was the 9-11 attack that took over 5 years or more in the planning by terrorists.
I understand from ALL I’ve heard, yes some information was 4 years old, but they have heard RECENT levels of INCREASED chatter on this topic/situation to take out some finanical institutions just recently.
Should we NOT be on alert and suffer again or at least TRY to prevent another 9-11? My answer remains a NO, it is NOT for political gain but others would like the public to believe that it is for THEIR own political gain or resons.

Sadly, I believe that Mr. Bush would do this to get votes. I have been a registered repulican since I was 18 and after being sold out by dems/rep alike last yr in OH I decided that the passive mennonite influenced side was going to have to step bk for the crabby ire. I joined a local chpt of a rep womens group and I can tell you I am most likely their worst nightmare. I may be a registered republican, but my vote is earned not given. I live with the fact that I voted for Nixon many yrs ago. Since then I have learned to educate/inform myself and give the vote to the person who does the best for the over all majority rather than myself personally.
I have family on active duty. Here is what sums up my views a bit.
After Sep 11 if asked there would have been an over flow of volunteers to find and have Al Queda put to justice. But Iraq did not attack the towers. I may feel that the world would be better off without sudam, but there are proper procedures. If a person is being stalked and in fear for their life they are not permitted to take preventive matters such as killing the stalker before they kill you.
Sadly, I read an article here in OH abt how older vets felt that what happened in the Iraq prisons was justified due to war. They said worse when on in previous wars and one does what one has to do. This logic sares me. If this happens over and over we must not be learning from our mistakes
I also thought that Mr. Bush said the war was over some time ago and this is just the work that needed to be done after that. It looks like a war to me.
Well, enough I am not into polls, but this rep will be voting dem in the fall since I think (sadly,) they are the better for the over all citizens of this country.

Yes, President Bush is a good ol’boy and would tell it more “like it is” if it were more politically correct. He does not have the see- saw attitdue of Kerry. Kerry does not have what it takes to stand up to the “Bad Guys” of this world.

our government knows the power of fear. the unknown to us is a powerful tool in there plans on how to control the manipulate the general public.

Yes I think he does use the alerts , W hen have you ever heard him talk as much , on t.v. and ect. about oeange alerts, as he is doing now. Free campaign air time?

I am having a hard time believing that any rational adult would believe bush would use a terror alert to further his rating in the polls! Whether you like him as a president or not (and I haven’t agreed with his decision to go to war), It would be unconscienable to put an entire nation on edge for the sake of his popularity. Give the man some credit for at least having some morals and values! I don’t believe ANY president in the past or future would use scare tactics to try and gain popularity. Let’s please be reasonable and not paranoid.

George Bush is a very brave man. After 9/11, he sent Dick Cheney into a secret site to protect the continuation of the government, but he stayed out in the open, encouraging the bereaved in the military hospitals, the workers on Ground Zero, ect. He KNEW where he was needed.

How soon we forget the truth!! Some plump, hatred filled big-mouth comes along (who also twisted the truth in Bowling for Columbine), does another rewrite on history, and here we are! This man said traitorous things on his website, and people are swallowing his venom as Gospel Truth! I really thought that Americans were smarter than that!!

I support George all the way, if we get John Kerry, you’d better get your Homeland Security Disaster kit up to par, because we’re going to need it…

Since you mentioned you are a mennonite, maybe you should start thinking about the character of the man you are going to vote for and not just his political affiliation. You know character is not like a light switch, to be turned on or off as the mood strikes. I would rather have a man to lead this country who openly confesses God than one who does not even mention HIS name. Jesus said If we confess HIM before men HE would confess us before HIS FATHER IN HAVEN. Iraq is not a power war between men, it is a power war between GOOD and EVIL. God is the same God today as the one who spoke to Adam and Eve and He uses His people on this earth to destroy the Evil that still exist and will until the end of time.

AMEN!!!

I have like President Bush from the beginning of his presidency. I wouldn’t like his job for anything He has made some extremely difficult decisions. It isn’t easy being President but I believe he’s done an excellant job and is now receiving barbs instead of alcolades. The whole campaign sitituation is mostly mud slinging anyway and the other candidate will use any excuse to bring the other candidate down. It takes a lot of courage to be president in any kind of nasty situation and I believe Bush has what it takes.

You make me wonder just what you would think, if one of the terrorist hit your home or harmed a member of your family. Would you complain that you had not been alerted and ask why or would you feel it was okay because you would not want the President of the United States to get too much air time. That is his job !

8)Bush will use anything to sway the public. I do not trust him!

No, I believe he does not. Also, I can’t see how we can tolerate all this bashing of our president. Our Commander -in- chief. What has happened to our great country? Is it the news media? Is it our apathy? There just is no respect for people in authority

Terrorisim Info. How come it took 4 years to get 83% of the information and 17% of the information 4 days after the Democratic Conv.?

Pres. Bush gets in trouble by the liberals of coarse he’s not using it
politicaly

Bush is doing a decent job. I don’t think the Kerry’s know what decent is!
Bush is not 100 % but that’s because he is human.
Bush has morals. We need more of that in politics.
As far as his airtime, I think that they should keep the public informed.