kfc original recipe fried chicken

Hi.
Can you please pass on the KFC Original Chicken Recipe. So I can try to.
Thanks.

kfcoriginal fried chicken recipe

how do u get the recipes please

Your above satement proves what some of us have been saying for a long time!

“different levels of cooking experience” is what makes your site so popular to those who are looking for “simple”. And to those who do not have the idea of what good food is all about. They are looking for stuff that the fast food industry is throwing at them. There have been some very talented folks that have posted here… they are now gone…

Colgreen

My sentiments exactly as Kitchen Witch!!! Move on we do not need some one who doesn’t enjoy cooking and baking and to put DOWN Ron,s site it is awful…I’ll tell you one thing for sure it is the greatest site for cooking and baking and getting help when you need it and just to chat with some one who understands the how,s and why,s of cooking and baking. How dare you to put down Ron,s site just move on!!! And don’t ever come back to this wonderful site you are not wanted!!!

:mad:

No I did not get my blood pressure up just got mad as heck. but you are right as usual they aren’t worth the trouble to get the BP up. I just imagine that they are sad and very lonely and miserable to boot.

You’re right Go To Burger King!!!

Good night and I sure hope you do have one to I will try and get some sleep I sure don’t to be up half the night, I do hate that to it is terrible and the next day you feel like you have ran over with a steam roller I tried to sleep a little late morning but it was no use I couldn’t sleep at all.

Good night dear.

i live in northern ireland. can you send a book with the kfc recipe in it - i will pay for it of course.

Welcome to RSN mags,

Hey this is fantastic becuse I am half Irish and half Italian and would for you to post some Irish recipes on our site any time you want to. If you need any help with anything just give us a holler and will try and help you.

Again welcome to RSN.

I believe Msg makes your bones brittle and does dry your mouth out. if used in moderation, theres no harm really. just the way salt can be harmful if theres too much intake

Ron, several years ago, I had a fast food restaurant and we sold a chicken very similar to KFC’s. This was possible because the previous owners had a KFC franchise. At one time they had legal problems with KFC and won their case and recived a large amount of money. While the legal battle was on, they sent a batch of the spices to a food manufacturer and they provided a very very similar product that I bought very often. Our recipe was as I remember like this:
2 Chickens cut in 8 or 9 pieces
about 2 lbs. of flour mixed with the batch in a 6:1 relation
First we placed the chicken in cold water for 20 min. then we used to put them in milk with eggs and water, and then twiced in the flour mixed with the spices. After that the chicken was placed in a large pressure cooker fillled up to two thirds with very hot cooking oil, about 350 F and we waited moving around the pieces, until it had a light golden color, after that we closed the lid and cooked under preassure for about 12 minutes.

That’s some great insider information Fernando. What were the spices?

Ron, I will get in touch with the manufacturer and try to buy the product, then I will cook the chicken myself and send you my comments, and if possible send you a sample of the spices.

I emailed Ron that I had inherited 4 volumes of Gloria Pitzer’s Secret Recipe books. I told him that I would post some of them for nostalgia’s sake when they were applicable or good enough. Here’s one she published in her 12th printing (I think they must have been small printings.) in August, 1981 for the “Eleven Secret Spices” for what she called, “the Kernel’s chicken.” Here it is as she printed it:
1 TB ROSEMARY, 1 TSP PEPPERMILL GRIND PEPPER
1 TB OREGANO LEAVES, 1 TB PAPRIKA
1 TB POWDERED SAGE, 2 TB GARLIC SALT
1 TSP POWDERED GINGER, 2 TB ONION SALT
1 TSP MARJORAM, 2 TB POWDERED CHICKEN BOUILLON(sic)
1 1/2 TSP THYME,------- OR 4 CUBES MASHED
3 TB PACKED BROWN SUGAR, 1 ENVELOPE LIPTON TOMATO CUP-A-SOUP
3 TB DRY MINCED PARSLEY ------- TOMATO(sic) FLAVOR

“There are actually 11 spices in the above combination but an additional 3 ingredients were necessary to derive that special flavor.”
Place all ingredients in blender with on/off speed for 3 - 4 minutes to pulverize OR rub through a fine strainer. Store in an air-tight container so it will not lose potency. Makes about 3/4 cup mix. TO USE WITH FLOUR: Add 1-Oz mix to each cup flour in coating chicken.

RE: KFC ORIGINAL RECIPE FRIED CHICKEN
Hi Ron, pls. send me thru my email a recipe on how to make kfc original fried chicken. I will appreciate it so much. Thank you…

It would be very kind of you to to print the kfc original recipe;)

KW, considering you’ve had to tell people how many times that the KFC recipe is only available in the book, I think at this point they are just messin’ with ya.;):rolleyes:

By the way, I recently received the first and second secret recipe books and there are a lot of good looking recipes in there. I haven’t had a chance to do more than just read through them yet though. Unfortunately I don’t have a pressure fryer and that means no KFC clone for me yet.

In my opinion, the pressure fryer is the key to the KFC recipe. In the distant past I have used my regular pressure cooker for deep frying chicken. :shock: That was before I knew of the potential dangers. I’ve probably done it a dozen times with no mishaps or disasters. But I may have just been lucky too. Considering the high cost of failure if something goes wrong with a regular pressure cooker and a few cups of lava-hot oil, I think I’ll not be doing that anymore until I get the proper pressure fryer. Do you have one and if so, what brand and model? I wish they weren’t so expensive.:frowning:

Bruce

I don’t think I really, “Took a chance” because at the time I didn’t realize that there much danger involved. It’s more like I got lucky. I consider it, “Taking a chance” when you do something and know the risks involved. When it comes to cooking I’m not usually much of a risk taker. Well, what I mean is that I don’t usually do things that could result in death or serious injury. :wink: I don’t use gasoline to start the charcoal. I don’t cook and eat the chicken that I forgot to unload and sat in the car since yesterday. I don’t deep fry anything without my shirt on.:shock: Then again, my wife doesn’t cook anything without her shirt on.:frowning:

I do my chicken that way too if I fry it in oil. I haven’t done the pressure fry thing in quite a few years. One thing about the pressure frying that I can assure you that you won’t get with regular frying is a more tender and juicy fried chicken. At least when all other things are equal other than the method of cooking. I remember doing a comparison where while the majority of the chicken was pressure frying I also fried a few pieces in a pan, the old fashioned way. Both were really good but the pan fried chicken wasn’t quite as moist or tender. The pressure fried chicken was so moist it was almost like I had injected it with liquid.

The downside of pressure frying for me was that it was practically impossible to monitor how brown the coating was getting or to turn the chicken over. The reason why I stopped using that method was because some of the pieces were either too dark on one side or too dark all over. Still juicy but too dark, bordering on burned sometimes. Most of it was just right though. I’m not sure how a proper pressure fryer will remedy this problem but I suspect it has something to do with lower pressure and therefore a lower temperature than I got with a regular pressure cooker.

Do you ever watch Good Eats with Alton Brown on the Food Network? I saw a show he did on fried chicken a while back. The recipe and technique is on the Food Network website. One thing he said about frying chicken in a frying pan versus deep frying is that the crust tends to stick to the chicken better when fried on a frying pan. This is because, (He said) when you cook the chicken in the pan the oil is only about half way up the side of the chicken. As it cooks the steam can escape from the top side that doesn’t have a sealed crispy crust on it. In a deep fryer where the chicken is completely submerged the steam gets trapped under the crust and it can push the crust away from the chicken. This is his idea but it seems that it holds true for me. That being said, I’ve eaten a lot of chicken that was deep fried and the crust didn’t always fall off. I dunno, another reason to shallow fry versus deep fry is because the chicken cooks a little slower and it’s easier to control the cooking process. At least it is for me.

I actually prefer the oven fried chicken recipe/method that came from my grandmother to my mother to me and my wife. I don’t cook it because it is lower in fat. I cook it because it’s probably the best chicken I’ve ever eaten in my life. I’ll see about putting together the recipe and posting it. It’s certainly not complicated.

[QUOTE=Kitchen Witch;53455]

Yeah, I’m thinking about it but they cost more than I want to spend right now on something that I won’t use all the time. I already have two pressure cookers and they take up a lot of space. I’ve seen some of the older models for sale on Ebay for a reasonable price but I’ve read some stern warnings about those old models and how they can be dangerous too. I sent an email to one of the major pressure fryer manufacturers asking about a couple of models they sell but as is so typical with companies these days, they never bothered to respond. I guess they are doing so well they don’t need any more money. If I get one I’ll keep you posted. There must be other members of this forum who can offer advice or an opinion on their pressure fryer. It would be nice to hear from them.

Bruce

Hi, can someone please e-mail me the kfc original recipe, my mail address is algernon.dewaal@momentum.co.za

Kind regards.

where is the recipe